Parts Counter Advisor
Bayfield Ford Lincoln is looking for a Parts Counter Advisor in Barrie. The Parts Advisor is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, selling, ordering and stocking parts for the dealership. If a vehicle requires additional repair not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work. The Parts Advisor will also advise customers on other available services, book appointments, and build lasting relationships.
Bayfield Ford Lincoln is a proud member of The Humberview Group – the largest car dealership network in Ontario. With 17 brands and 30 automotive businesses, we believe, “our vehicles are great, but our people are exceptional”.
The Humberview Group proudly announces that we are the 2015, 2016 and 2017 recipient of The Canadian AutoWorld Dealership Employer of Choice (CADEOC) Award! In partnership with CCEOC Inc. and AutoWorld Magazine, the CADEOC Award recognizes us as a leading employer of choice in Canada. A sincere thank you to our dedicated team members, who work together to achieve our goal of serving our customers better, each and every day.
- Greets all customers promptly on the telephone.
- Sells parts through the shop, by phone, over the counter to customers and telemarketing to customers.
- Assists walk-in and wholesale customers with the selection of parts, and informs customers about the product line.
- Provides price quotes and other related parts information via the telephone.
- Determines availability on out-of-stock items and, if requested by customer, submit emergency order.
- Provides guidance to outside sales representatives regarding orders.
- Prepares orders daily for shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Retrieves parts purchased from stock.
- Reviews files weekly to keep track of back orders and return to vendor items.
- Issues credit for parts returned; ensure invoice number is on hand to verify purchase and pricing (prompt processing of part credits to assist A/R).
- Assists the Parts Manager in ordering stocked parts.
- Processes buyout parts invoicing for posting.
- Assists with shipping/receiving when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Parts Manager
What We Look For:
- 1+ years of previous parts experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills; working with internal and external customers.
- Ability to learn and utilize electronic parts catalogues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities using good organizational and time management skills.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Strong communication skills.
What We Offer:
- A solid foundation of customers from over 55 years of business.
- Compensation plan and benefits.
- An incredible opportunity for advancement within the organization. With over 30 automotive businesses, the opportunities are readily available.
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure success for new team members.
- No Sunday or holiday work, more time for your family.
- A fun place to work!
We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.