Volkswagen Midtown Toronto is looking for an 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentice Technician to join our team in Toronto.
The Apprentice Technician is responsible for routine maintenance jobs and repairs under the supervision of a technician. The Apprentice will work toward becoming a technical specialist who will learn to perform diagnostic and repair work in the context of technically demanding and complex tasks.
We strongly believe in growing our team of skilled technicians within. Throughout the group, our Service Departments invest in the growth of their technician teams.
Volkswagen Midtown Toronto is a proud member of The Humberview Group - one of Ontario's largest automotive dealer groups and an award-winning Employer of Choice. As automotive specialists, we represent 5000 vehicles. 20 Stores. 18 Brands. And 1 Promise: Serving you better, each and everyday.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs as assigned.
- Diagnose the source of any malfunctions and perform repair.
- Qualify all vehicles for warranty coverage prior to performing warranty repairs.
- Examine vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Perform road tests using safe driving standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Look For:
- Year 2 or Year 3 Apprentice required.
- Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Dealership experience would be considered an asset.
- Able to work well with a team.
- A desire to achieve the very best in customer service and teamwork.
Why Join HG:
- A solid foundation of customers from over 58 years of business.
- A very competitive compensation plan and health and dental benefits.
- An incredible opportunity for advancement within the organization.
- Great perks & benefits and amazing friends & family program for car discounts.
- Employee pricing on vehicles, services, and accessories.
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure success for new team members.
- No Sunday or holiday work, more time for your family.
- A fun place to work!
At The Humberview Group, finding great people who are enthusiastic and driven is most important. At HG, we can provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to be successful. Our team leaders take great pride in mentoring which ensures we are investing in great people for the long term. Having a great corporate culture with team members who share our values is what makes us stand out.
Whether you’re new to the automotive industry or you’re looking for more growth opportunities, we would love to meet you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all candidates, including persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any stage of the selection process. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.