Humberview Volkswagen is looking for an Apprentice Technician to join our team in Etobicoke.
The Apprentice Technician is responsible for routine maintenance jobs and repairs under the supervision of a technician.
The Apprentice will work toward becoming a technical specialist who will learn to perform diagnostic and repair work in the context of technically demanding and complex tasks.
Humberview Volkswagen is a proud member of The Humberview Group - one of Ontario's largest automotive dealer groups and an award-winning Employer of Choice. As automotive specialists, we represent 5000 vehicles. 20 Stores. 18 Brands. And 1 Promise: Serving you better, each and everyday.
The Humberview Group welcomes apprentices from various automotive programs and with various level of shop experience. We strongly believe in growing our team of skilled technicians within. Throughout the group, our Service Departments invest in the growth of their technician teams!
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs as assigned.
- Diagnose the source of any malfunctions and perform repair.
- Qualify all vehicles for warranty coverage prior to performing warranty repairs.
- Examine vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Perform road tests using safe driving standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Look For:
- Registered apprenticeship with either an institution or dealership is preferred.
- Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Dealership experience would be considered an asset.
- Able to work well with a team.
- A desire to achieve the very best in customer service and teamwork.
Why Join HG:
- A solid foundation of customers from 60 years of business.
- An incredible opportunity for advancement within the organization.
- Competitive compensation plans with health and dental insurance.
- Great perks & benefits and amazing friends & family program for car discounts.
- Employee pricing on vehicles, services, and accessories.
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its team members to ensure success.
- Hosted social events throughout the year, such as lunches & BBQs.
- No Sunday or holiday work, more time for your family.
- A fun place to work!
At The Humberview Group, finding great people who are enthusiastic and driven is most important. At HG, we can provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to be successful. Our team leaders take great pride in mentoring which ensures we are investing in great people for the long term. Having a great corporate culture with team members who share our values is what makes us stand out.
Whether you’re new to the automotive industry or you’re looking for more growth opportunities, we would love to meet you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all candidates, including persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any stage of the selection process. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.