Automotive Service Technician
Oakville Toyota is looking for a Licensed Technician to join our team in Oakville.
Our Automotive Service Technicians are an integral part of our day-to-day business. The Technician is responsible for vehicle diagnosis, repair and maintenance.
Oakville Toyota is a proud member of The Humberview Group - one of Ontario's largest automotive dealer groups and an award-winning Employer of Choice. As automotive specialists, we represent 5000 vehicles. 20 Stores. 18 Brands. And 1 Promise: Serving you better, each and everyday.
At HG, our Technicians receive the most up-to-date training on various platforms: in-class manufacturer training, online modules and hands-on shop training. Furthermore, offering 18 brands throughout HG, we are able to provide our Technicians with the opportunity to gain various brand experiences to broaden their skills. (Advancement Opportunities with HG include: Shop Foreman, Service Advisor, and more!)
Please note that this position is flat rate.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs as assigned.
- Diagnose the source of any malfunctions and perform repair.
- Qualify all vehicles for warranty coverage prior to performing warranty repairs.
- Examine vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Perform road tests using safe driving standards.
What We Look For:
- Valid Automotive Service Technician Certification of Qualification (Class A).
- Experience working in a technician position.
- Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License (Class G) with a clean driving record.
- Able to work well with a team.
- A desire to achieve the very best in customer service and teamwork.
What We Offer:
- 2 brand new hoists installed January 2022 waiting for you.
- A wide loyal customer base at Oakville’s #1 volume import dealership with the world’s largest automotive manufacturer, stay busy!
- A very competitive compensation plan with health and dental insurance.
- Toyota training and pathway to electrification encouraged.
- Great perks & benefits and amazing friends & family program for car discounts.
- Rewards programs, including referral bonuses of up to $2000!
- Hosted social events throughout the year, such as lunches & BBQs.
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure success for new team members.
- A fun place to work!
At The Humberview Group, finding great people who are enthusiastic and driven is most important. At HG, we can provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to be successful. Our team leaders take great pride in mentoring which ensures we are investing in great people for the long term. Having a great corporate culture with team members who share our values is what makes us stand out.
Whether you’re new to the automotive industry or you’re looking for more growth opportunities, we would love to meet you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all candidates, including persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any stage of the selection process. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.