Humberview Trucks is looking for a Sales Representative to join their team in Etobicoke. The Sales Representative is responsible for selling/leasing new and pre-owned vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. This individual will develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role. The Sales Consultant should have a strong background in sales with a broad knowledge of automobiles, specifications and features.
Joining the Humberview Group in 1992, Humberview Trucks has grown to be General Motors and Isuzu’s largest medium duty franchises in Canada. Their highly trained truck team understands the truck business. Their focus is providing transportation solutions for their customers, from getting the specs for the right truck to having the right part on the shelf. Humberview Trucks has earned the reputation of commercial truck experts and diesel specialists.
Humberview Trucks is a proud member of The Humberview Group - one of Ontario's leading automotive dealer groups and an award-winning Employer of Choice. As automotive specialists, we represent 20 stores, 17 brands and 5000 vehicles. At HG, we put people first, because without them, we couldn’t possibly deliver on our promise of serving you better, each and every day.
- Sell new vehicles (mostly business to business) to obtain dealership profit, increase volume and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Relate objectives and planned activities to New Truck Sales Manager daily and analyze and review performance to date.
- Keep abreast of technological changes in truck industry including: new products, features, accessories, and the benefits to customers.
- Provide each client with the appropriate truck for their requirements, through in-depth qualifying of the customer by asking questions, listening & visiting clients’ facilities.
- Demonstrate new vehicles at dealership & or at customer’s facility.
- Deliver new vehicles to customers and ensure the customer understands the operating features, warranty conditions and all related documents in order to establish customer loyalty.
- Maintain an owner follow-up and prospect development system to encourage repeat referral and new business; keep log sheets of prospects and contacts.
- Acquaint customers with service & parts department personnel to emphasize quality and efficiency of dealership operations.
- Prepare reports on all sales activities, including prospecting, follow-ups, sales presentations, new clients, repeat clients, etc.
- Responsible for collection of payments from customers on delivery.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork before deals are completed.
- Attend & participate in all department meetings.
- Preparation of truck specifications will be required at inventory meetings.
- Participate in trade shows and their set-up.
- Regular prospecting for new business off-site door to door, phone calls & the internet is required.
- General knowledge of different types of bodies which are installed on different cab & chassis’s is a must.
- Must complete TMI courses I & II (will enroll if not completed)
- Product knowledge of the different models of trucks that you are selling is required.
- Be extremely familiar with the inventory on ground & on order.
- Routinely manage deadlines.
- Routinely work out of office.
- Frequent work outside of regular hours.
- Occasionally manage stressful situations involving upset or impatient people.
- Other duties as required.
What We Look For:
- 1-2 years of previous automotive/truck sales experience is an asset.
- Strong computer proficiency is required.
- Valid OMVIC license.
- Valid G class driver's license.
- Broad understanding of automotive terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Financially motivated, with an ambitious and outgoing attitude.
- Effective listener and communicator.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with a computer.
What We Offer:
- A solid foundation of customers from 57 years of business.
- A very competitive Compensation plan and health and dental insurance.
- An incredible opportunity for advancement within the organization.
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure success for new team members.
- No Sunday or holiday work, more time for your family.
We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.