Apprentice Used Truck Technician
Humberview Trucks is looking for a Apprentice Used Truck Technician to join their team in Etobicoke. The Apprentice Used Truck Technician is responsible for inspecting, repairing and detailing used light to medium duty commercial trucks that are ready for sale.
Joining the Humberview Group in 1992, Humberview Trucks has grown to be General Motors and Isuzu’s largest medium duty franchises in Canada. Their highly trained truck team understands the truck business. Their focus is providing transportation solutions for their customers, from getting the specs for the right truck to having the right part on the shelf. Humberview Trucks has earned the reputation of commercial truck experts and diesel specialists.
Humberview Trucks is a proud member of The Humberview Group - one of Ontario's leading automotive dealer groups and an award-winning Employer of Choice. As automotive specialists, we represent 20 stores, 17 brands and 5000 vehicles. At HG, we put people first, because without them, we couldn’t possibly deliver on our promise of serving you better, each and every day.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- Inspect used light to medium duty commercial trucks for safety and sale.
- Perform safety repairs as approved.
- Detail truck to be ready for sale.
- Repair customer’s trucks with the highest quality with no come backs.
- Qualify all vehicles for warranty coverage prior to performing warranty repairs.
- Run minor diagnostics on Isuzu and GM medium duty commercial trucks.
- Examine vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Assist with general shop upkeep.
- Follow the registered 310T apprentice training path.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What We Look For:
- A valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- A registered 310T Truck and Coach Apprenticeship.
- Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and ability to follow through on tasks, a drive to continuously learn and display excellence in customer service and workmanship.
- Good attitude, reliable, disciplined and a problem solver.
- Strong communication skills.
- A desire to achieve the very best in customer service and teamwork.
What We Offer:
- A solid foundation of customers from 57 years of business.
- A very competitive compensation plan and health and dental insurance.
- An incredible opportunity for advancement within the organization.
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure success for new team members.
- No Sunday or holiday work, more time for your family.
- A fun place to work!
We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.