Apprentice Technician/Shop Helper
Goderich Toyota is looking for Apprentice Technician/Shop Helper to join their team in Goderich, Ontario. The Apprentice Technician is responsible for routine maintenance jobs and repairs under the supervision of a technician. He/she will work toward becoming a technical specialist who will learn to perform diagnostic and repair work in the context of technically demanding and complex tasks. The candidate must be able to analyze, troubleshoot, dismantle, align, assemble and adjust mechanical equipment and machinery to maintain it in efficient operating condition.
Goderich Toyota has grown to become a premier Toyota vehicle dealer in the Huron County. Throughout their tenure, they have excelled at the best possible customer service with top-notch repair/maintenance work and with a comprehensive inventory of new and pre-owned vehicles. Over the years, Goderich Toyota has grown in its current location and they now offer a state-of-the-art showroom, Parts and Service Centres, Car Rentals and a Finance Department.
Goderich Toyota is a proud member of The Humberview Group - one of Ontario's leading automotive dealer groups and an award-winning Employer of Choice. As automotive specialists, we represent 20 stores, 17 brands and 5000 vehicles. At HG, we put people first, because without them, we couldn’t possibly deliver on our promise of serving you better, each and every day.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs as assigned.
- Diagnose the source of any malfunctions and perform repair.
- Examine vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Perform road tests using safe driving standards.
- Clean up and organizing tires.
- Read repair orders and getting the correct products as required.
- Learn how to safely operate shop equipment.
- Other duties as required.
What We Look For:
- Year 1-2 Apprentice is an asset.
- Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Dealership experience would be considered an asset.
- Able to work well with a team.
- A desire to achieve the very best in customer service and teamwork.
What We Offer:
- A solid foundation of customers from 57 years of business.
- A very competitive compensation plan and health and dental insurance.
- An incredible opportunity for advancement within the organization.
- A leadership team that trains and mentors its staff to ensure success for new team members.
- No Sunday or holiday work, more time for your family.
- A fun place to work!
We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.