Functions and Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations in the absence of the full-time Manager of Care. This includes ensuring compliance with the Adult Care Regulations and the Community Care and Assisted Living Facilities Act, the policies and requirements of Fraser Health and the philosophy of the MPA Society. Provides leadership and direction to the frontline mental health workers and the recreation therapist ensuring all care related activities are recovery focused and based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Provide direct nursing care utilizing established standards, policies, and procedures to support the needs of members/residents.
- Perform nursing assessments in response to noted deviations from baseline functioning, including goals and needs related to physical, psychological, social concerns.
- Implement recovery plans including goals and interventions, desired outcomes, in collaboration with the member and the Mental Health Team.
- Observe and report changes in physical and psychiatric symptoms
- Dispense medication in accordance with licensing regulations and pharmacy policies and procedures
- Monitor and asses member’s response to medication regime, assess for side effects and drug interactions
- Guide non-professional staff in the implementation of care plans.
- Maintain records on member’s health care requirements, medication, vital signs, and other pertinent data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide education to members/residents regarding health care issues
- Liaise with community agencies such as the Mental Health Team and physicians
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Care.
Education, Training & Experience
- RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or equivalent consideration of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a psychiatric residential community care facility.
- Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- TB clearance and medical certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.